The Bright Choices program is for youth who need mentorship to help with the challenges related to their unique school experience.
Many of our focused activities to support youth in the Bright Choices program are:
•Take youth to enroll in or register back in school.
•Attend court expulsion hearings at the school board.
•Attend parent/teacher meetings ihn support of or in absence parents/guardians.
•Provide tutoring support.
•Provide educational devices and/or internet access.
•Provide transportation to and from school.
•Lunch time drop-ins to provide meals.
•Assist with picking up forgotten items at home.
•Offer counselling referrals.
•Meet with teachers & principals regarding student success needs.
•Recreational bonding activities
• Career discovery/exploration activities.
• Attend court proceedings and hearings.
• Attend probation meetings.
• College & University exploration.
• Post-secondary application assistance.
• Scholarship application assistance.
• Post-Secondary Scholarship funding.
• Homework Supplies and Work Space.
• Help with Projects.
• Alternative Booklet Help.
• Printer Access.
Youth who are not currently attending secondary school will receive assistance in the process of completing secondary school.
Monday 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Funding for this project is provided by: