A Special Thanks: In response to COVID-19, The Prodigal Sonz Program is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and The United Way Halton & Hamilton.
Prodigal Sonz Basketball Program
Prodigal Sonz - Mobile Programming for Pandemic Response
Liberty For Youth is excited to kick off our Spring 2021 Mobile Basketball Programming!!!
Mobile Programming is being offered during the pandemic to keep youth engaged. This unique programming consists of staff meeting youth outside of their homes on their driveway (if they had a basketball net) or driving them to the nearest outdoor basketball court (in our program vans with the plexiglass barrier.)
Staff bring sanitized equipment such as: skipping ropes, weight training equipment, basketballs etc. for one-on-one drills and training sessions. Staff and Prodigal Sonz program participants sanitize their hands, use separate basketball equipment, and maintain a 2-metre distance at all times.
Goals of Mobile Programming
• Staying Active, although challenging during the pandemic, is a priority for youth success
• We conduct one-on-one mentoring classes and teaching personal fitness/activity drills
• Focus on the basics and one-on-one fundamental training
• Shooting, dribbling, and passing
• Competent fundamentals lead to success with stressful in-game situations
• Core athleticism is vital to build on
• We have individualized specific workouts to help each youth with core fitness
• Natural movements such as jumping, explosiveness, and upper body strength
• We are monitoring athlete’s progression and adding difficulty if needed
Mondays & Saturdays
Funding for this project is provided by: